We are your competitive advantage!
We would like to introduce a new service, but we are incapable of estimating what effect it might have. We would not like to speculate, but base on some hard numbers. It would be ideal if we could simulate the market and see how our competition might behave. How can we conduct market simulations to assess the accuracy of our decisions?
Our warehouse is the bottleneck in our company. Our analyses show that the problem lies in bad distribution of goods on shelves. Goods from the same order are often found in different parts of the warehouse. What would happen if we added a frequent rotating goods zone? How would that improve the throughput of the warehouse?
Production is a very complex process in our company. The board has had an audit conducted, which showed that this process could be improved in several aspects. In particular there are inexplicable downtimes on some of the sockets/nests. What are they caused by? Can we eliminate them without worsening the quality of the whole process?
If your organization operates in a complex environment, in high uncertainty conditions and it is difficult to estimate the possible results of decisions, similarly to the above examples, we offer you support in comparing the possible action scenarios through our services in the scope of simulations based on mathematical models.
Our experts will describe the problem using the language of mathematics. Next they will conduct, with your participation, a number of analyses to answer the key questions. The result of the work will be delivered as a report, and if there is such a need, we are ready to deliver an IT tool, which will allow you to conduct the calculations in the future without the necessity of our participation.
What can you gain thanks to mathematical optimization?
Mathematical optimization is based on a formal mathematical model. This brings about the following advantages:
- Lack of speculation - all calculations, as a result of mathematical reasoning, are fully objective.
- Repeatability - all calculations can be repeated at any time and receive the same result for the same input data.
- Explicability - all calculations can be clarified and explained basing on the language of mathematics.
- Sensitivity analysis - by introducing modifications into the input data, we can examine to what extent the decision depends on the data.
- "What-if" analysis - by supplying prepared input data or model modifications we can examine what decisions would be optimal for thus altered conditions.
What our work looks like?
Within the scope of our services we will prepare a mathematical model of your company operation for specified decision-making processes. Using this model we will be able to answer the questions you ask in an objective manner, based on hard numeric data.
Our work is delivered in two options:
- A report containing:
- Description of the method, according to which the presented results have been obtained. Presentation of the method will allow you to conduct further analyses at different times and with different data without the necessity of our experts‘ participation. This open approach to presenting the method is also a protective measure for you, as you can confront it with experts other than ours.
- Analyses results described in your business language.
- Analytical tools:
- By doing our work we create specialised analytical tools which we can provide to you or integrate with e.g. a spreadsheet. Thanks to this you will be equipped with the tools allowing you to repeat the analyses.